April 10, 2015

ALTERNATING TASKS

I just checked my most recent submission and realized I didn't even have one new post during the month of March. Although I was busy with the wiring on Gary's 51 Chevy Coupe and the rust areas on Grace the '68 Camaro, I didn't have any under-dash pictures to make a story worthwhile. 
While working on the Camaro however, I discovered that the threads in the alternator housing had stripped, and instead of a 5/16 inch adjusting bolt at the top holding it in place, there was an extra long bolt going all the way through the stripped threads to a nut on the other end. This is an important fastening point because it secures the tension on the alternator v-belt. 

To remedy it I replaced the damaged housing with a chrome unit. It's now very secure and looks more at home under the hood with the polished aluminum Edelbrock valve covers and air cleaner.
I was working with the overhead door open recently and noticed this cool view of the rigs I've been working on lately. Grace is the Camaro that's now nearly ready for paint, the '54 pickup belongs to my lovely wife (nowhere near ready for paint) and the black rear fender belongs to Gary's '51 Chevy that's getting body work these days.

No comments: